Are you ready for some Mickey Mouse March Madness? I have a project that I would like to turn into a challenge for all of you, and we are going to keep it going for the whole month of March.
My fellow Getting Cricky Design Team member, Jessie Mitchell, is going to Disneyland soon and she would like an autograph book and wanted me to make a few cuts for her.
So I decided to make the Disney Autograph Book Challenge!
So that she will have pages that are ALL the same size, here are the “rules”
1) Autograph book page must be 8 ½” in length and 5” in height.
2) Leave a LARGE AREA of clear space for the character to sign the page.
3) Don’t place the character images too close to the edges of the page in case she would like to bind this book later on.
4) Post completed page on your site and link it to the Challenge at http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/
5) Email me (click HERE) with the subject “Autograph Book Challenge” and I will send you Jessie’s mailing address.
6) Projects must be completed and mailed by May 1, 2012 so that Jessie will receive them before she leaves for her trip to Disney.
To create this page, I used a stamping technique that I learned from the 1 2 3 Stamp DVD from Above Rubies Studio. I also used this technique recently on a wedding card. You can see that project by clicking HERE.
For this project I used the word “Smile” from the Positive Thoughts stamp set. I decided to use white ink for the sentiment for some really big contrast.
To finish it off I added some wavy lines and some smaller Mickey Mouse icons that I made with a paper punch I own.
To learn how to create a project like this make sure to purchase the 1 2 3 Stamp DVD from Above Rubies Studio.
I cannot wait to see what you create! The month is almost done, which means the challenge will be over soon.