Are you ready for some Mickey Mouse March Madness? I have a project that I would like to turn into a challenge for all of you, and we are going to keep it going for the whole month of March.
My fellow Getting Cricky Design Team member, Jessie Mitchell, contacted me recently because she is going to Disneyland soon (take me with you!) and she would like an autograph book and wanted me to make a few cuts for her. I told her that I had an even BETTER idea . . . what if all of us created just one autograph book page and mailed them to her and then she would have a variety of different characters (I don’t own the Pooh carts, Toy Story, Tinkerbell, Disney Classics or Cars)
So I decided to make the Disney Autograph Book Challenge!
Now, so that she will have pages that are ALL the same size, here are the “rules”
1) Autograph book page must be 8 ½” in length and 5” in height.
2) Leave a LARGE AREA of clear space for the character to sign the page.
3) Don’t place the character images too close to the edges of the page in case she would like to bind this book later on.
4) Post completed page on your site and link it to the Challenge at http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/
5) Email me (click HERE) with the subject “Autograph Book Challenge” and I will send you Jessie’s mailing address.
6) Projects must be completed and mailed by May 1, 2012 so that Jessie will receive them before she leaves for her trip to Disney.
So here is one of the pages that I created . . .
I cut Dopey at about 4 1/4″ from the Happily Ever After Cricut cartridge. One of my favorite Dopey moments is when he is in the mine and puts the gems in his eyes, so I had to cut out some bright colored gems for the corner of this page. Then to finish it off I added the sentiment “Whimsy is essential” from the Positive Thoughts stamp set.
I cannot wait to see what you create! Remember to come back here and link up your project, and see the OTHER pages that I have created!