Welcome to the My Cricut Craft Room Blog Hop.
To make sure you don’t miss any of the fun, be sure to start at
Today I am going to be sharing some card projects with you with some products I really love.
First birthdays for boys always make me think of bright colors. That was the inspiration behind this card. I wanted something colorful and fun.
I started with a kraft paper card . . . I figured since I was going to be covering the whole thing in bright colors it did not matter what color the base of the card really was underneath.
I used some scrap pieces of red and blue cardstock to cover the background of the card.
Then, on the yellow cardstock, I used one of the car stamps from the Rush Hour set by Craffiti Direct
I simply stamped it over and over in all different colors. I thought this was a fun way to create my own background paper for this card.
Next I cut the number 1 for the front of the card.
I knew there were a LOT of Cricut Cartridges out there with the number one on them, and I did not want to sit and flip through all of my handbooks to find the one I wanted to use . . . so I went to
This allows you to customize your search, and one of the ways is to select that you ONLY want to search for a character or number.
I entered a 1 into the search bar and quickly found that the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge had the perfect font for what I wanted.
I wanted to use the Red Jeweled Dazzling Diamonds Sticker Sheet from The Buckle Boutique to really add some dimension to this card.
Since this product is thicker, I cannot cut it in my Cricut
(but you CAN cut the thinner rhinestone sheets from The Buckle Boutique in your Cricut!
Go HERE for details.)
So I first cut the number 1 out of cardstock, then I placed that cut on the BACK of the Red Jeweled Dazzling Diamonds Sticker Sheets and then just cut around it with my scissors.
Make sure to FLIP the image you are using as a template over, so it is backwards, since you are cutting from the back side of the product.
I love the dimension that you get from this product!
Another card idea is to use up your scraps . . . quick and easy . . . like this!
I just cut several hexagons in a similar color theme to create a quick and easy card from scraps!
I have also done this same idea with the Dazzling Diamond products . . . look at that SPARKLE!
If you love this sparkle as much as I do, make sure to check out all of the ways to follow
The Buckle Boutique!
The Buckle Boutique’s Link Listing
The Buckle Boutique’s Website . . . click HERE
The Buckle Boutique Blog . . . . click HERE
Facebook Page . . . click HERE
Twitter Page . . . click HERE
Pinterest Page . . . click HERE
For tips on cutting the Dazzling Diamond Rhinestone Sticker Sheets
with your die cutting machine click HERE
Are you a retailer who would like to carry The Buckle Boutique’s products in your store?
Please contact me for wholesale pricing.
Your next stop on the hop is
If you get lost or there are broken links, go back to the beginning at
2. Vivi J http://www.vivijdesigns.blogspot.com/
3. Cindy M http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
4. Shawn Mosch – http://craftychicsblog.blogspot.com/
5. Liliana Umpierre – http://www.likidesigns.com/blog
6. Leslie Wrege McGrath – http://scrapnlifeaway.blogspot.com/
7. Roberta Swisher – http://queenbeepapercrafts.blogspot.com/
8. April Nourse www.curlsandgrins.blogspot.com
9. Brenda Knapik – http://www.disneygirlcrafts.com/
10. Lourdes – http://creativecraftsniche.blogspot.com/
11. Vicki Glenn – http://www.vickiscraftroom.blogspot.com/
12. Erica http://EricasProjects.blogspot.com/
13. Connie Walsh – http://www.ConnieCreates2.blogspot.com/
14. Tracey http://www.thecroppingcanuck.blogspot.com/
15. Oh Kissa http://www.ohkissa.com/thought-bubble.html
16. Sandy- http://www.aworkingmomsjoy.blogspot.com/
17. Kris Dietz — http://http://kreationsbykrisdietz.blogspot.com/
18. Mayra- http://mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/
19. Cheryl www.Cricutobessed.blogspot.com
20. Crafting Blog Events http://craftingblogevents.blogspot.com/